National Poetry Month
After high school English little thought is given to poetry. The craft is often associated with old balding white men or angry revolutionary rhetoric. However poetry is far more than ratings and unrequited pleas for love. Poetry is the embodiment of the human soul. They eyes secrete tears but the soul secretes poetry. Here are my top ten uses for poetry.
10. To attract the affection of the opposite sex.
9. To explore an art form.
8. An alternative form of entertainment.
7. A means of personal reflection.
6. It is has it own language (see next blog about venues)
5. Inspiration for you
4. A chance to inspire someone else.
3. To enact change in your life
2. To enact change in the lives of your community.
1. To enact change in lives all over the world.
Support poets and poetry today http://www.ber-hendawilliams.com/purchase.html