|Tue, February 23, 2010 at 11:39 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Production shuts down on 'Two and a Half Men'
Charlie Sheen is taking a leave of absence from CBS' sitcom "Two and a Half Men," putting the remainder of the hit series' seventh-season order in limbo.
Sheen's publicist said Tuesday that the actor is entering rehab for unspecified treatment and "will take some time off" from the show.
That led to an immediate production shutdown on the Warner Bros. TV-produced comedy, which was to film Episode 19 this week and is six episodes short of its 24-episode season order.
Sheen's decision to take a leave from "Men" came as a surprise to CBS and WBTV.
In a joint statement, CBS' entertainment president Nina Tassler, WBTV's president Peter Roth and "Men" co-creator/executive producer Chuck Lorre confirmed that production on the show will be "temporarily suspended" and said they "support Charlie Sheen in his decision today to begin voluntary in-patient care at a treatment center."
The news comes at a tumultuous time in Sheen's personal life, which has been in a downward spiral since his Christmas Day arrest for domestic violence against his wife, Brooke Mueller. He faces charges of felony menacing along with misdemeanor third-degree assault and criminal mischief.
Mueller checked into rehab last month.
Despite Sheen's personal problems, the hit sitcom had continued production as scheduled since the beginning of the year until this week, when he didn't show up for work Monday -- when his presence was optional -- and then again Tuesday.
There was speculation Tuesday that Sheen could be sidelined for only a couple of weeks. If that is the case, the impact on "Men's" production schedule will be minimal because the show already has a planned weeklong hiatus in March.
If he is away for a longer period, though, CBS will start seeing effects from the work stoppage in mid-April. The network is just getting into contingency scheduling plans, with...More CHARLIE SHEEN
|Fri, September 11, 2009 at 7:03 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Finally The Answer To The $62,500 Battered Rihanna Photo? How LAPD Got The Snitches
LAPD Police Chief Bill Bratton was on a personal mission to find the LAPD officer who sold the photo to TMZ and bring that individual to justice. It took an unprecedented 5 LAPD detectives on the case to work through the trail and obstacles put in place to hide the identity of “sources” who stole the confidential information. Two Los Angeles police officers have now been placed on paid leave as part of an ongoing investigation into how a photo showing the battered face of Rihanna appeared on a celebrity website after the singer was assaulted by her former boyfriend Chris Brown.
Police officers Rebecca M. Reyes, a nine-year veteran, and Blanca Lopez, a rookie officer and housemate of Reyes, have been placed on paid leave as part of an ongoing investigation. It is reported that TMZ head Harvey Levin who is openly gay, met and developed a friendship with the two accused officers through a gay/lesbian event. Levin has a network of connections that has allowed him to build some personal and confidential relationships inside both LAPD and LA Sheriff Department.
LAPD was assisted by various insiders. Last May it was reported by TheMediaBuffet that insider TMZ turncoats spilled the numbers Levin’s minions are believed to have shelled out for pix taken of Rihanna immediately after the alleged Chris Brown attack. The source of the photo leak, a law enforcement insider close to the investigation, reportedly raked in $62.5k, more than double the yearly salary of this "leak." Sources state TMZ pays a relative or friend of the snitch within 24 hours of receipt of a photo to cover their tracks. TheMediaBuffet is also reporting that neighbors of the accused officers suspected something last March when the officers were seen driving a new Lexus which seemed odd.
LAPD also had some help from the advocacy rights group Stoparazzi. Stoparazzi put consistent pressure on the LAPD and assisted in educating LAPD on the common tactics of hiding source and payment information from prying eyes and dodging the “for profit” part of the law that makes the selling of information illegal. Inside sources gave LAPD detectives insight to where TMZ skeletons were buried and where search warrants should be directed.
“This was an unprecedented investigation. To effectively carry out an investigation when everyone is hiding behind the first amendment right, and no one has to give straight answers, is tough” says Terry Ahern, Stoparazzi President. “Although the first amendment protects Levin and TMZ, insider law enforcement sources are going to be apprehensive about ratting to the tabloids for money after this,” say Ahern. Ahern feels the law doesn’t go far enough and that is why his firm backs Rihannaslaw.com . “If we take away the demand by making it illegal to purchase stolen property whether it is photos, medical info or confidential information, the financial temptation to break the law is mitigated. A victim of a crime should never have their name, let alone their photo, splashed on every computer screen across the country. There is no excuse. TMZ should be prosecuted for their role” says Ahern.
Chris Brown’s defense team tried and failed to get their client off on all charges by using the injustice of negative media towards Brown as some sort of defense. Chief Bratton resents how a snitch could possibly jeopardize his department’s ability to put away criminals. Bratton was dedicated to seeing justice in this case and, in the end, looks like he’ll get it before leaving office in October.
Source: Global PR