BREAKING: Young Dolph Finally Speaks After Near-Death Shooting & Wipes Instagram Clean
Memphis rapper Young Dolph has come through with the update fans have waited for. The hip-hop artist is speaking after surviving a near-death shooting earlier in the week.
Early Sunday, Dolph went to Twitter with his first social media post since the attack and also deleted all of his Instagram pics.
— its DOLPHHHHHH! (@YoungDolph) October 1, 2017
A few days ago, cops released suspect Corey McClendon after getting dragged into custody for a possible role in the shooting.
Greg Risling, a spokesman for the Los Angeles District Attorney's office, said Friday that Corey McClendon, 43, who was booked early Wednesday on an attempted murder charge by Los Angeles police, was released early Friday, after prosecutors asked police for "further investigation." McClendon, a friend of chart-topping rapper (and Young Dolph rival) Yo Gotti, had been held for 48 hours on $1 million bond as a suspect in the daylight shooting of Young Dolph, 32, on Tuesday in front of a prominent Hollywood hotel. (USA Today)
Earlier in the week, a report surfaced about McClendon getting arrested in connection to Dolph's shooting.
Corey McClendon, 43, was arrested near Highland Avenue and Hollywood Boulevard shortly after the Tuesday afternoon attack and has been booked on suspicion of attempted murder, according to Det. Megan Aguilar, an LAPD spokeswoman. It was not clear whether McClendon fired the gun or was simply involved in the brawl that preceded the shooting near one of the city's most popular tourist destinations, Aguilar said. (Los Angeles Times)
This week, Hollywood actor O'Shea Jackson and rapper Rick Ross sent words of encouragement to Dolph following the near-death event.
Prayers up for #YoungDolph highly blessed
A post shared by The Boss Rick Ross,Yung Renzel (@richforever) on
The post BREAKING: Young Dolph Finally Speaks After Near-Death Shooting & Wipes Instagram Clean appeared first on SOHH.com.