Floyd Mayweather & Conor McGregor Confirm Fight Date: "It's Official!" [Video]
Boxing icon Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor are officially set to face off. The sports stars both went to social media Wednesday (June 14) to confirm their long-rumored bout is actually happening.
Both Floyd and McGregor hopped onto their respective social media pages to boost up anticipation with their confirmations.
It's official! @jamielynn @mayweatherpromotions @bigboymansion @girlcollection @themoneyteam @melissiarene @badmedina @moneyyaya @kingkoraun @zion_mayweather #TMT #TBE #MayweatherPromotions
A post shared by Floyd Mayweather (@floydmayweather) on
Earlier in the week, Conor lit up social media with his anticipation to go up against Floyd.
Initial reports went viral about the bout going down in late August.
Mayweather Promotions plans to request the date from the Nevada State Athletic Commission for the much-anticipated boxing match between Mayweather, the former longtime pound-for-pound king and heavy favorite who plans to exit a 23-month retirement for the bout, and UFC superstar Conor McGregor, a source with knowledge of the plan told ESPN on Monday. (ESPN)
Man, much respect to Floyd Senior still getting a few rounds in at the gym. I hope I can still train at that age.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) June 13, 2017
Earlier this month, boxing icon Mike Tyson weighed-in on the potential McGregor/Mayweather bout.
"No, I don't believe it can ruin boxing at all. Only way it can ruin boxing is if McGregor goes and boxes Floyd because he's going to look really ridiculous boxing him," Tyson told Sirius XM channel 93 in a new interview being released on Monday. "But if he goes in there with the UFC stuff, now this could be pretty interesting. ... [McGregor] doesn't win in a boxing match." (Fox Sports)
The post Floyd Mayweather & Conor McGregor Confirm Fight Date: "It's Official!" [Video] appeared first on SOHH.com.