Improperly Installed Water Heater Likely Caused Carbon Monoxide Leak That Left Three Americans Dead
An autopsy has confirmed that three friends who died in Mexico all succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.
The deaths of Jordan Marshall, Courtez Hall, and Kandace Florence left tourists on edge after their bodies were found inside their Mexico City La Rosita neighborhood Airbnb on October 30th. The three were in Mexico celebrating the Day of the Dead. Jasmine confided to her boyfriend back in the U.S. that she was feeling ill in the hours leading up to her death. When he could no longer reach her, the concerned spouse reached out to the Airbnb host and asked them to check on the group. Shortly after, the host informed him that the three had been found inside unresponsive. Mexican authorities suspect no foul play.
"As of right now, they believe there was a water heater that was improperly installed that caused the carbon monoxide poisoning," Jasmine Marshall, the sister of, Jordan, told PEOPLE. She says the U.S. Embassy in Mexico informed her father of the grim news, though the investigation remains open as they work to identify who installed the water heater.
The group's tragic ending has placed a spotlight on Mexico, which has been the scene of several suspicious deaths in tourist areas. On October 29th, Shanquella Robinson was found dead in her vacation villa following a fight with a friend. An autopsy showed that she had severe spinal and neck injuries. This month, the butchered remains of three people washed ashore on a crowded beach in Acapulco, Mexico, which attracts thousands of visitors. At least one of the bodies had a gunshot wound.
The post Improperly Installed Water Heater Likely Caused Carbon Monoxide Leak That Left Three Americans Dead in Mexican Airbnb appeared first on Baller Alert.