1=10 Artist YOU are a Business
|Wed, April 12, 2017 at 3:39 PM|
Did you know that the success of one artist can provide 10 or more paying jobs making that one artist a real business? Listed below are a few of the jobs that can be created:
- Works on behalf of an artist or group to promote their business affairs. A manager''s duties include, but aren''t limited to:
- Negotiate contracts and fees
- Find and book events and venues that match the artists career strategy
- Advise artist on career decisions
- Manage media relations surrounding artist
- Helps artists execute and accomplish their work in various ways, both practically and theoretically. The functions of a personal assistant include, but aren''t limited to:
- Make and screen phone calls
- Attend social events
- Make travel arraignments
- Run errands
- Correspond on behalf of the artist
- Advise and work with artists and the music industry companies on financial matters. Responsibilities of an account include:
- Create budgets
- Verify expenses
- Ensure collection of all income
- Make sure artists stay on top of their taxes
- Review royalty statements
- Help with applications for financing
- Assess and deter possible threats from stalkers, paparazzi and crazy ex''s while also ensuring the artist is relaxed and receives a high standard of service. A bodyguard''s primary duties are:
- Escort artists to events and social functions
- Prepare an area for the artists arrival by making an initial sweep of the area
- Work to book artists for concerts, gigs and other live music performances. Booking agents maybe be employed in -house or wok independently. A booking agent''s duties include:
- Schedule performances including concerts, gigs, tours and radio and TV performances for artists, bands, DJs, choirs, orchestras and other musical ensembles.
- Assist in the development of the artists'' career regarding their live performance.
- Typically work on tour with the artist or band.
- Negotiates and issues contracts, collect deposits and send out promotional material.
- Personal stylists are image consultants who assist artists in making decisions about their image. Barber/hair stylists primarily perform hair cutting and styling, though they may perform other beauty services for the artist. The duties of a stylist include:
- Personal stylists help their clients put together outfits and make fashion choices.
- Personal stylists are responsible for identifying an artist''s tastes, activities, body type and desired image to tailor a look to the artists needs.
- Typical duties of a stylist or barber include shampooing, cutting, and styling hair, though they may also provide hair treatments, including deep conditioning, permanents, hair coloring, and weaving.
- Other services offered include, but aren''t limited to manicures, pedicures, waxing, message, facials and makeup application.
- The videographer is part director, part sound man and part editor. This individual is responsible for creating visual products. The primary responsibilities of a videographer include, but aren''t limited to:
- Usually works as a part of an audio-visual team that creates visual content for the artist.
- Utilizes audio mixing equipment to prepare secondary footage for an artist live performances.
Backup Dancers/Band -
A backup dancer is a performer who dances with or behind the lead performers in live musical act or in a music video. The band, or musical ensemble, is a group of people who perform instrumental music to go with the artist''s vocals. Both backup dancers and the band travel with the artist for live performances. The professional duties of backup dancers and the band are:
- Backup dancers are responsible for rehearsing and exercising to get (and stay ready) for performances and music videos.
- Bands often make or participate in recording in the music studio with the artist.
- A disc jockey or deejay is a person who mixes different sources of pre-existing recorded music as it is playing. The DJs duties include:
Share on Facebook
- Create beats, using percussion breaks, bass lines and other musical content sampled from pre-existing records.
- Create mixes, remixes and tracks that are recorded for later sale and distribution.