New Show Airing Monday - Friday 8am- 10am est. "Morning Workout" beginning March 12th.
Go harder, longer, and stronger with intense-yet-inspiring music that can take your fitness to the next level.
Listening to music when you hit the gym to improve your workout isn't exactly a new concept. But understanding how your favorite tunes enhance your exercise is a little less obvious.
Research consistently finds that listening to music distracts athletes from "bodily awareness"(Pain). Recent studies found that listening to music in time to one's pace had an even more profound effect on perceived effort during a workout.
Here are six very good reasons to rock out during your next gym session.
1. Music is a good kind of distraction. (such a distraction can increase athletes performance by 15%)
2. It ups your effort. (studies show you actually work harder when listening to faster music)
3. Music puts you "in a zone". (everybody has that go to song)
4. A good beat can help you keep pace. (the rhythm of music stimulates the motor area of the brain)
5. Music can elevate your mood. (analysis found that people often listen to music as a way to change there mood and find self-awareness)
6. It makes you want to move. (the brain gets excited and induces movement in the listener)
Wake-up & Move N' The Morning "Morning Workout" 8am-10am est. Monday threw Friday right here on The Station Rockin The Nation www.MusikNationRadio.com