Harry Styles to Curate 2026 Meltdown Festival at London's Southbank Centre

Harry Styles to Curate 2026 Meltdown Festival at London's Southbank Centre

LONDON - Harry Styles will serve as curator for the 2026 Meltdown Festival, one of the United Kingdom's most prominent live music events, organizers announced. The festival, now in its 31st year, will take place June 11-21 at the Southbank Centre in London.

Styles, known for his global influence as a singer-songwriter, will curate the festival's lineup, which will include music, art and workshops. The full list of performers and events is expected in the spring.

Meltdown Festival, billed as the world's longest-running artist-curated music festival, spans multiple stages and galleries across the Southbank Centre. Previous curators include David Bowie, Yoko Ono, Patti Smith, Robert Smith of The Cure, David Byrne, Grace Jones, Nick Cave, Jarvis Cocker and most recently, Little Simz.

Styles will also headline a performance at the Royal Festival Hall during the festival. Additional details about his headline show will be announced later.

"I'm deeply honored to curate the Meltdown Festival, especially for the Southbank Centre's 75th anniversary year," Styles said in a statement. "My goal as curator is to share the music and art that I love, and to celebrate the rich history of the venue. We both share a passionate belief that music is a vital part of life. It brings us together and the Southbank Centre has been at the heart of it, providing easy access to great music for the past 75 years. I'm incredibly grateful to Southbank for having me. It's really exciting for me to have this opportunity in such an iconic venue."

Jane Beese, head of contemporary music at the Southbank Centre, said, "It's a real privilege to welcome an artist with the cultural impact and presence of Harry Styles as curator of Meltdown in our 75th anniversary year. His openness, warmth and instinct for collaboration feel perfectly aligned with the spirit at the heart of the festival."

According to a press release, Styles is expected to draw from a broad range of influences for the festival's lineup, including pop, soul, electronic and rock acts, as well as emerging British talent. The 2026 festival will also feature free public events aimed at engaging younger audiences.

Last year's Meltdown Festival featured artists such as The Streets, Jon Batiste, Mahalia, Lola Young and a closing performance by Little Simz with the Chineke! Orchestra.

Styles' fourth studio album, "Kiss All the Time. Disco, Occasionally.," is scheduled for release March 6. His 2026 "Together, Together" tour will include more than 50 shows in seven major cities, with 30 nights at Madison Square Garden this fall.


Share on Facebook  Share on Facebook


Comments
Mobile Apps


    More Blogs

    Other Headlines


    Receive News Updates
      
      Daily Vibe Breaking News
     

    Become A Fan
    RSS Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo Youtube Logo


    Sponsors
    Download the BV mobile app

    Best VPN Service