Rapper Boosie Badazz claims that he would have taken a plea deal in the Megan Thee Stallion shooting case if he were in Tory Lanez's shoes. In December of 2022, Lanez was found guilty of the shooting. Lanez will be sentenced on June 13, facing a minimum sentence of nine years and a maximum of 22 years. In an interview posted yesterday on VladTV, the rapper also claims that Lanez could have gotten less time if he had taken a plea deal.
Boosie said, "If he would have went in there and said he wanted to make a deal, [with] them lawyers he got, he could have been doing time in a facility with damn-near nobody around him." He continued, "I know a lot of people like that. They was offered 10 years and they didn't take it. And they end up getting 30." Going on to share his own experience, he also claims, "I seen it all the time. When I was in [prison] they come in there like, 'I ain't doing no 15, mane.' They end up getting big time. I would have tried to get five years."
Read More: Tory Lanez Reportedly Begs Judge To Not "Ruin His Life" Ahead Of New Trial Ruling
Lanez Could Have Gotten Less Time
Last month, Lanez shared a video on Instagram of a phone call from himself in prison. In the clip, he claims DNA evidence found on the gun used to shoot Megan Thee Stallion should have exonerated him from the crime. The caption of the post reads, "@gasconforlada PLEASE put an end to this INJUSTICE...." It also continues, "Many BLACK AND HISPANIC MINORITIES are falling victim to these same OUTRAGEOUS and DISGUSTING TRICKS and TACTICS. Someone NEEDS to stand up for US! Everyone PLEASE PRAY that the Honourable Judge David Herriford returns me to FREEDOM and a FAIR trial."
Earlier this month, Lanez's lawyer, Jose Baez, also posted on his Instagram Story coming to the rapper's defense. "Mistaken eyewitness identifications contributed to approximately 69% of the more than 375 wrongful convictions in the United States," he says. The lawyer continues, claiming the cases were "overturned by post-conviction DNA evidence," he wrote. The post came shortly after Lanez shared an open letter on Instagram claiming that he was wrongfully convicted. The post was captioned, "Until my court date I'll be posting the OUTRAGEOUS & DISGUSTING INJUSTICES used against me by the PROSECUTION to get the conviction they so DESPERATELY wanted." He went on to allege prosecution used these tactics against him, "DESPITE the evidence they knew existed."
Read More: Tory Lanez Trolled Over Final Tweet After He's Denied New Trial