Travis Scott's Lawyers Deny Reports That Rapper Intentionally "Lost" His Phone At Sea To Hide Eviden
Travis Scott's Lawyers Deny Reports That Rapper Intentionally "Lost" His Phone At Sea To Hide Evidence Regarding Astroworld Lawsuit: 'He Has Done Nothing Wrong'
Rapper Travis Scott was accused of tampering with evidence recently, his lawyers say it's false news.
After reports surfaced suggesting the Houston native dropped his phone in the Gulf of Mexico to hide evidence, his legal team has released a statement condemning the notion.
Reportedly, lawyer's for Travis Scott, born Jacques Webster, 32, stated about the reports:
"Travis Scott and his team have nothing to hide and are cooperating with all ongoing civil legal proceedings,"
"His actions during and after the festival demonstrate that he has done nothing wrong, as does the fact that he and his team were cleared following the investigation by the Houston Police Department."
According to the report, stories about Scott intentionally getting rid of the mobile device began following a civil deposition regarding the case this past Monday (September 18th). The music star reportedly appeared in the court hearing to answer questions about the fatal incident. During the hearing, the plaintiff's attorney's reportedly claimed they attempted to recover the rapper's cellphone records to submit as evidence, but were told the phone was lost at sea by his attorney's. In case you missed it, Scott is still facing civil lawsuits from the families of to the 10 individuals who lost their lives while attending his concert back in 2021. The Houston police depart has cleared him of any criminal charges, however.
Reportedly, the "Utopia" artist's lawyers told the courts the phone in question fell off a boat nearly two years ago in the Gulf of Mexico and was never recovered. However, the plaintiff's legal team seemingly suggested foul play, arguing that Scott's lawyer's previously denied them the cell phone information, citing it sought "confidential and/or sensitive information," and was "seeking the disclosure of documents that are unreasonably cumulative or duplicative of other of the requests." The plaintiff's legal team added that after being granted a court order to secure the records, however, now the phone is in the ocean.
Scott's lawyers subsequent statement makes it clear where they stand about the situation. It has not been reported that a judge has made any rulings or taken any further action about the matter at this time.
Do you think Travis Scott got rid of evidence on purpose? Let us know in the comments section below!
The post Travis Scott's Lawyers Deny Reports That Rapper Intentionally "Lost" His Phone At Sea To Hide Evidence Regarding Astroworld Lawsuit: 'He Has Done Nothing Wrong' appeared first on theJasmineBRAND.