USPS Announces Shipping Deadlines, Package Tips Ahead Of Holiday Season
The United States Postal Service is preparing for the upcoming holiday season. The agency announced its 2022 shipping deadlines and tips on Tuesday, so packages arrive in time for Christmas.
For the 2022 holiday season, the USPS said it has made "temporary price adjustments." The changes will last until Jan. 22, 2023, for both retail and business customers.
According to the agency, the price adjustments "are similar to adjustments in past years to help cover extra handling costs to ensure a successful holiday season" and will apply to Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail, First-Class Package Service, Parcel Select Ground, and USPS Retail Ground, MSN reported.
USPS says its busiest time of year starts two weeks before Christmas, with customer traffic at post office locations typically beginning to increase the week of Dec. 5.
Below are the USPS 2022 holiday shipping deadlines for this year:
- Nov. 5 - APO/FPO/DPO USPS Retail Ground service
- Dec. 9 - APO/FPO/DPO Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- Dec. 16 - APO/FPO/DPO USPS Priority Mail Express Military service
- Dec. 17 - USPS Retail Ground service
- Dec. 17 - First-Class Mail service (including greeting cards)
- Dec. 17 - First-Class packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
- Dec. 19 - Priority Mail service
- Dec. 23 - Priority Mail Express service
The agency encourages senders to Use free Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes, use Click-N-Ship, schedule a free package pick-up, and Mail packages that weigh more than 10 ounces and/or are more than a half-inch thick using stamps or take them to a window clerk at a USPS post office location.
The post USPS Announces Shipping Deadlines, Package Tips Ahead Of Holiday Season appeared first on Baller Alert.