T.I. & Tiny's Son King Faces Backlash For Offering Homeless Man $50 To Participate In Dangerous One
T.I., Tiny, & King Harris
T.I. & Tiny's Son King Faces Backlash For Offering Homeless Man $50 To Participate In Dangerous One Chip Challenge: 'How Can You Even Respect Your Son After This'
The youngest son of musical parents T.I. and Tiny Harris is in the internet hot seat.
Celebrity kid King Harris is facing backlash online after sharing a video of himself, offering a homeless man $50 to successfully complete the viral one chip challenge.
In case you're unfamiliar, the chip brand Paqui released the "spiciest" chip in world back in 2016, and challenged daring individuals to eat the chip without eating or drinking anything after on the packaging. According to them, the chip is made with Carolina Reaper pepper and Naga Viper pepper, which are said to be the hottest. According to a 2020 study, it's reported the risks of eating the peppers include committing, numbness of mouth, and severe headaches.
The brand slowly rose in popularity and blew up with the rise of Tik Tok as many influencers began partaking in the challenge, prompting others to do so as well. For King Harris' part, the aspiring musician recently filmed himself giving the chip to a man who appears to be a derelict, telling the individual he'll win $50 if he can go 5 minutes without water. King, along with a group of other individuals filming, taunted the man during the challenge, urging him not to consume water and laughing about him being "numb" when it appears he's unable to speak.
T.I.'s son King is facing backlash for paying a homeless man $50 to do the 'One Chip Challenge', with no water, only days after the company took it off the shelves for k*lling a 14-year-old
— My Mixtapez (@mymixtapez) September 10, 2023
Though he promises to purchase milk or anything else the man may need after 5 minutes, King and the others continue to tell him not to drink the water or he'll lose out on the money. When it's clear the man can't contain the pain any longer, he chugs the water while King and his associates laugh hysterically. At the end of video, the "Family Hustle" star, who never appears on screen, says that he gave the man $20 despite him not making it through the 5 minutes.
It wasn't long before the video made its rounds online, inviting social media users to slam the celebrity kid for his actions. Many condemned King for not only using the homeless man for a vial moment, but also potentially putting his life in danger. As one user noted, reports earlier this week confirmed that a Massachusetts high-school student passed away after ingesting the chip. Reportedly, 14-year-old Harris Wolobah ate the chip while at school and went in to the nurse with a stomachache before being sent home. His mother, Lois Wolobah, says that the boy subsequently collapsed in his room and was pronounced dead after being rushed to the hospital. The report notes his autopsy has not yet been revealed.
The chip has since been pulled off of shelves by the chip maker. However, it seems that was of no concern for King and his friends. Social media users shared their not so approving thoughts of the situation, blasting him and his parents for his insensitivity.
At this time neither T.I. nor Tiny have addressed the situation publicly. However, if history repeats itself, we can certainly expect to at least hear from the "Live Your Life" rap star soon.
Do you think King was wrong for what he did? Tell us in the comments section below!
The post T.I. & Tiny's Son King Faces Backlash For Offering Homeless Man $50 To Participate In Dangerous One Chip Challenge: 'How Can You Even Respect Your Son After This' appeared first on theJasmineBRAND.