A hammer. A saw. A pair of pliers. What do all of these things have in common? They're tools. We use these tools to fix and/or build things. Do these tools do the work by themselves? Of course not. You have to pick them up and use them to do the work. You can't simply lay the saw on a piece of wood and expect to cut it. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.
Your mobile app is no different.
Your app is a tool. It can send info and updates to your followers and fans; those same people can listen to and buy your music through it; you can communicate your next event or performance through it; they can watch your videos within it and even book you for events.
Sounds great, right? Here's the catch: you have to utilize the tool.
You must promote your mobile app so people know you have an app. Here's a few tips on how to accomplish this:
* ALL of your social media bios should tell people to download your app!
* Create social media banners that you can post frequently on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc
which tell people that you have an app and where to download it! (Use a free service like
Canva.com if design isn't your strength!)
* Use a service like Hootsuite or Buffer to regularly schedule social media posts encouraging your
followers to download your app! (Include your download link in the post - let me know if you don't
know your link and I'll email it to you!)
* Ask your followers to give your app a great rating! (this boosts your app in the app stores)
* Take advantage of the Push Notifications (which enables you to send a text message to those
who've downloaded your app) at least 2-3 times per week!
* Create a mini-commercial telling everyone you have an app and showing them how to download
it! (Use the screen recording feature on your phone along with a service like the Videoshop app)
These are great ways to utilize the tool that is your mobile app! Have any other suggestions or recommendations? Let us know!