Send a Message
|Thurs, December 13, 2018 at 3:11 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
"Everything is in the past."In early Novemeber, Waka Flocka woke up from an epiphanic dream, and vowed to squash the drama in his life. Of course, said drama included a longstanding feud with his old friend Gucci Mane, with whom he had a notable falling out. "Hey Gucci, let's chat, let's sit the fuck down," says Waka, in the initial video. "All that playin' over. You know how to get me, big dawg. You call me, nobody else.
|Wed, December 12, 2018 at 9:15 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Kodak Black lost his patience with the Hot 97 host.
Tempers flared during a recent interview between Kodak Black and Ebro, prompting the Dying To Live rapper to cut the conversation short. Though Kodak originally stopped by to discuss his upcoming album, the Hot 97 host closed the conversation by addressing Black's upcoming sexual assault trial.
"It's good to meet you man," starts Ebro, clearly sitting on the inevitable bomb drop. "Looking at all your cases man, and everything you've been through, and I know the recent one is very sensitive. With respect to everybody involved in that case, and we can't get into details, but we take sexual assault very serious. We can't get into details, but we hope to have you back so we can have a deeper conversation about that, because it's a serious topic. We're hearing these stories a lot."
The speech prompts an uncomfortable silence from Kodak, who appears visibly angered by Ebro's words. His seething does not go unnoticed, as Ebro, somewhat aggressively, observes that Kodak seems upset that it was brought up at all. The subsequent cuts to Rosenberg and Laura are unintentionally comedic in their awkwardness, though Kodak is far from amused. Ebro merely stares on, challenging the rapper. "I feel like," says Kodak, shifting uncomfortably. "Sometimes when n***s like me going through shit, ya'll be entertained by bullshit. Change the subject or I finna walk out." Rosenberg attempts to keep the peace, but Ebro's mind is made up. "We don't have to talk about nothing else," says Ebro. "We can be done right here." Kodak agrees, and proceeds to walk out. As they cut to "commercial," Ebro can be heard declaring "you won't tell me what to talk about on my show." While not quite Birdman on Breakfast Club levels of awkwardness, it certainly toes the line. Ebro took to Twitter to address the debacle, in a series of tweets as seen below.
|Tue, December 11, 2018 at 8:52 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
JAY-Z is allowing his legal battle with Iconix Brand Group to move forward after halting the proceedings over the lack of black arbitrators. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Hov withdrew his motion to stop the arbitration after receiving a commitment to diversity from the American Arbitration Association."While the information AAA provided has confirmed that AAA lacks an appreciable number of minority (and particularly, African-American) arbitrators, AAA has indicated an openness both to an arbitrator selection process in this Arbitration that will allow for meaningful consideration of African-American arbitrators and to broader remedial measures intended to improve the diversity of the arbitrator roster for future arbitrations," JAY-Z''s lawyers Alex Spiro wrote in a letter.JAY-Z and Iconix are engaged in a dispute over the Roc Nation logo. Iconix paid $204 million for Rocawear in 2007 and claims that some of Roc Nation''s intellectual property, such as the logo, were part of the deal.Iconix launched its lawsuit after Roc Nation released a line of New Era caps in partnership with Major League Baseball, prompting a countersuit from Roc Nation. The case was scheduled to go to arbitration before JAY-Z turned his attention to another matter in the proceedings.Hov took issue with the lack of diversity among the American Arbitration Association in a motion filed last month. JAY-Z''s attorney argued that his client was only provided with three potential black arbitrators, one of which had a conflict of interest with Iconix."When Mr. Carter began reviewing arbitrators on the AAA''s Search Platform, however, he was confronted with a stark reality: he could not identify a single African-American arbitrator on the ''Large and Complex Cases'' roster, composed of hundreds of arbitrators, that had the background and experience to preside over the Arbitration," Spiro wrote in the original petition. "After repeated requests to the AAA for diverse arbitrators with expertise in complex commercial law, the AAA was able to provide only three neutrals it identified as African-American: two men - one of whom was a partner at the law firm representing Iconix in this arbitration and thus had a glaringly obvious conflict of interest - and one woman."Although Iconix painted the complaint as a "charade," a New York judge granted JAY-Z''s motion for a temporary restraining order and put a halt to the case. Now that Hov has withdrawn the motion, the judge has scheduled a status conference in the case for March 2019
|Tue, December 11, 2018 at 12:22 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
50 Cent is an avid social media user, so seeing the rapper pop up in another artist's comments section isn't so surprising. What might be slightly out of pocket is the way in which he has been engaging with Cardi B and Offset since their breakup. Recently, he advised Offset to reconcile with his wife and that he "didn't give a f*ck" about Cardi B's opinion of the matter. Now, he's communicating with Cardi directly
The "Ring" rapper posted a clip of herself, sitting pretty in Thai-inspired garb. While the video shows Cardi speaking to someone standing outside of the shot, the sound is off, indicating that the focus is all about her blinged-out attire. 50 Cent caught on to this intention but still felt the need to remind Cardi of her husband.
Fif crept into her comments section and wrote, "That's a cute outfit but you gotta go home. That boy love you girl." He later posted another comment saying, "No Divorce, ok chill out.
|Mon, December 10, 2018 at 1:29 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Despite the mounting evidence, Tekashi 6ix9ine's attorney will not accept a plea deal in the polarizing rapper's racketeering case. On Saturday (December 8), TMZ released over a dozen images from 6ix9ine and his ex-crew's cell phones that feds say match surveillance footage from an April armed robbery.But Lance Lazzaro, 6ix9ine's attorney, maintains his client's innocence. "A plea deal is simply off the table, even if the feds offer one." he told TMZ.6ix9ine has been behind bars since mid-November when he was arrested alongside his ex-manager Kifano "Shotti" Jordan and three other members of his former entourage. Feds believe his involvement with the Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods have led to multiple crimes ranging from shootings to drug dealing.
In total, 6ix9ine and his ex-crew members are facing a total of 17 charges. Three of the charges carry a maximum sentence of life in prison.A judge has set a trial date for September 4, 2019. In the meantime, 6ix9ine has been denied bail and will likely have to wait it out.While in prison, 6ix9ine officially released his debut album, Dummy Boy, which initially debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200.But after Nielsen Music announced a discrepancy in last week's numbers, it turns out Dummy Boy actually made its grand entrance at No. 1, selling less than 200 unitsthan Travis Scott's Astroworld.
|Sat, December 8, 2018 at 4:48 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Grammy Award-winning aritst Buju Banton has reportedly been released from a U.S. prison roughly two months early. According to the Jamaica-Gleaner, the reggae luminary left the McRae Correctional Institution in McRae, Georgia on Friday (December 7) after serving eight years for possession of cocaine with intent to distribute.The United States embassy hasn't revealed when Buju will be transported back to Jamaica. In a statement, Buju laid out his post-prison plans."Having survived, I want to share the good news and strength of my music," Buju said. "I just want to continue making music, which I've devoted my life to. I look forward to the opportunity to say a personal thanks to my fans and everyone who supported me."Buju was arrested in 2009 and convicted in 2011 of conspiracy to possess with the intent to distribute cocaine, possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking offense and using a telephone to facilitate a drug trafficking offense, although the judge dropped a weapons charge.He was initially sentenced to 10 years in federal prison.Buju has collaborated with several Hip Hop artists during the course of his career. In 1999, he teamed up with Terror Squad on "Rudeboy Salute." Four years prior to that, he was featured on 2Pac and The Notorious B.I.G's posthumous collaborative cut, "Runnin' (From The Police).