Taj Longino

Send a Message

Blogs RSS


The Taj Longino Show for
iPhone/iPad


The Taj Longino Show for
Android


The Taj Longino Show for
Amazon


Friends
This user does not have any friends yet...


About Me
The Taj Longino show provides you with current news that affects you each and everyday. Taj Longino show also provides you with celebrity interviews, ranging from David Banner to Martin Lawrence. Sin... Read More


 

The Taj Longino Show


https://www.blackvibes.com/tajlongino
 

The Taj Longino


The Man Who Forgot He Was a Rap Legend

   

The Man Who Forgot He Was a Rap Legend

T La Rock was one of the pioneers of hip-hop, an old-school legend sampled by Public Enemy and Nas. But after a brutal attack put him in a nursing home, he had to fight to recover his identity, starting with the fact that he'd ever been a rapper at all.

Full story here: https://www.gq.com/story/the-man-who-forgot-he-was-a-rappe


Send Blog   ·     Share on Facebook   ·     Bookmark on Delicious

   

Virgina Authorites Issue a Warrant for Deandre Harris, the Man Brutally Beaten at Charlottesville

The most striking image from the Charlottesville riots featured a young man named Deandre Harris. His head was tilted to the left; water was being squirted on his bloodied face.Harris had just been beaten by a group of neo-Nazis at the "Unite the Right" rally. Now, more than two months after that incident, Charlottesville authorities have issued a warrant for his arrest.Harris is wanted for unlawful wounding in connection with the events that occurred at a Charlottesville parking garage on August 12th.source: okayplayer


Send Blog   ·     Share on Facebook   ·     Bookmark on Delicious

   

Doughboy Roc Of Doughboyz Cashout Reportedly Shot & Killed In Detroit

Roc of the Detroit rap crew Doughboyz Cashout was murdered Monday afternoon in his hometown. According to various reports online, including CBS Detroit, Doughboy Roc, a member of the Detroit rap crew Doughboyz Cashout, was shot and killed Monday afternoon on the west side of his hometown. He was 29 year young.Roc was reportedly shot to death around 3:30 p.m. on Monday afternoon while sitting inside a white Hyundai at Stoepel Street and Westfield Avenue, near I-96 and Livernois Avenue. He was reportedly shot in the right ear and right shoulder, and was pronounced dead at the scene. Police haven't officially confirmed the victim's identity just yet, but WWJ News radio 950's Charlie Langton has learned that the man is indeed Doughboy Roc.Family, friends, and neighbors all gathered together around the scene on Monday afternoon, expressing their sadness and shock about the news. "Everybody was so surprised," one local resident told WWJ Newsradio 950. "They couldn't believe that someone they knew from the neighborhood, who also is famous and young, had been found dead in his car."Unfortunately, investigators don't have any information about a suspect at this time, but they're reportedly still looking into it obviously."I can't believe I'm talking about it, because it has destroyed us," said Tarence Goudy, Roc's uncle. "It literally is destroying us. He can't be replaced." "He loved Detroit," Goudy said. "He loved the people. He loved even being around young fans, and not just the fans, but people. That's just who he was. He always talked about family," Goudy added. "Each album he had, family was in it. He loved his son, and he always said, 'I do it for me son.'"Roc had just released his latest mixtape Roc Vs Balboa back on September 15. It featured fellow Doughboyz Cashout members Payroll Giovanni, Big Quis, HBK and Doughboy Dre as well as Band Gang Paid Will.Many fans have already taken to social media to express their condolences to the family of Roc's during this difficult time. Check out some of those tweets & posts (below).R.I.P. Doughboy Roc.source: hotnewhiphop


Send Blog   ·     Share on Facebook   ·     Bookmark on Delicious

Trump has a new plan to try to undercut Obamacare

   

Trump has a new plan to try to undercut Obamacare

President Donald Trump on Tuesday tweeted he that he would "use the power of the pen" to make unilateral changes to the Affordable Care Act. According to The Wall Street Journal'sLouise Radnofsky, Stephanie Armour, and Anna Wilde Mathews, Trump is expected to sign an order allowing the use of association health plans and short-term insurance plans. The order is expected to include broad language instructing various departments to look at ways to reduce insurance costs. Association health plans allow people in the individual or small group markets to pool together to purchase insurance at a more favorable rate. According the the report, these plans will also not be subject to certain Obamacare regulations, helping make them even cheaper for people participating. In addition, the order is expected to instruct the Labor Department to look into allowing the sale of these insurance plans across state lines. Trump has long espoused the idea of selling insurance across state lines, but there are doubts about how effective it would be in actually bringing down costs. Short-term insurance plans are cheap but cover little. The Affordable Care Act prevents people from buying these plans for more than 90 days, but the new order could allow people to purchase them for up to a year. Both executive orders appear to be targeted at allowing healthier, younger people to obtain lower-cost options than what is currently available in the Obamacare exchanges. But experts say the order could leave behind older and sicker people currently are getting insurance through the Obamacare markets. "Loosely regulated association plans could charge lower premiums to healthy people, effectively leaving ACA marketplaces as high-risk pools," tweeted Larry Levitt, senior vice president at the Kaiser Family Foundation, a nonpartisan health policy think tank. Levitt continued: "With this executive order healthy people could pay less for insurance, but middle-income people with pre-existing conditions pay more." That means healthier people would rely on the cheaper, deregulated plans allowed under the new rules. Since sicker people would need more generous plans, they would likely remain in the more regulated Obamacare exchanges. As the percentage of sick people in the exchanges increases, it would be more costly for insurers in that market. And as costs increase, so too would the prices insurers charge in the exchanges. With the collapse of the Republican attempts to repeal and replace Obamacare, Trump signaled over the last few weeks that he would consider executive actions to reshape the insurance market as well as potential bipartisan deals. The president held a call with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer last week, tweeted about the call and a possible healthcare deal on Saturday morning, and then reiterated the possibility of a deal to reporters as he departed the White House for an event in North Carolina on Sunday. source: businessinside


Send Blog   ·     Share on Facebook   ·     Bookmark on Delicious

   

Santa Rosa fires destroy 1,500 homes and buildings, force evacuations in wine country

NAPA COUNTY, Calif. -- More than a dozen wind-whipped wildfires continue to rage across Wine Country, burning buildings, forcing hundreds of evacuations and injuring several people, reports CBS San Francisco.On Monday, Gov. Brown issued a state of emergency for Napa, Sonoma and Yuba counties due to the effects of the wildfires.    California's fire chief says at least 1,500 homes and commercial buildings have been destroyed in wildfires that have ripped through the state's wine country.He says numerous people have been injured and a number of residents are also missing as 14 large fires burn.California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection Director Ken Pimlott say an estimated 20,000 people have been evacuated.The Atlas Peak fire was the largest, quickly growing to more than 200 acres near Napa.Meanwhile, a fire near Calistoga had burned several buildings, sent several people to the hospital to be treated for burns and prompted mandatory evacuations along several roads. Early Monday morning, the Sonoma County Sheriff's Department said fires had also erupted in Santa Rosa, Windsor and Sebastopol.The fires had stretched Sonoma and Napa counties firefighting resources to the breaking point. A call for mutual aid was issued to other Bay Area fire departments.The National Weather Service had issued a red flag warning for the Bay Area early Sunday, predicting gusty winds and dry conditions. Gusts were predicted to be in the 30 mph range in the area of the fires.The rapidly moving Atlas Peak fire was visible throughout Napa Valley, heavy smoke was draping over the region. Cal Fire said the blaze broke out at 9:50 p.m.Authorities said the flames moved quickly toward the Silverado Trail - an area dotted with homes and wineries. Officials said the Silverado Country Club - site of this week's PGA Tour tournament - was evacuated.Flames were also burning near the Domaine Carneros winery.Cal Fire Deputy Chief Scott McLean said there was no containment of Atlas Peak fire at 12:30 a.m. Monday, with winds blowing at 28 mph and the humidity at just 12."Very, very volatile fire conditions," McLean said.The Napa Valley Register was reporting that authorities were going house to house just north of Silverado Resort urging residents to leave. The paper said there were reports of at least three structures burning on Atlas Peak.Napa officials said two evacuation centers had been opened - at the Crosswalk Community Church on First Street and at the Napa County Fairgrounds. In Calistoga, an evacuation center was opened at the Calistoga Fairgrounds.A large plume of smoke from the fire drifted as far south of San Francisco and the East Bay, where residents were reporting the strong smell of smoke in the air.The massive fire rekindled memories for longtime Napa Valley residents of the 1981 Atlas Peak wildfire. In that blaze, 23,000 acres were burned, $36 million was done in damage, 65 structures were destroyed and 11 people were injured


Send Blog   ·     Share on Facebook   ·     Bookmark on Delicious

   

Did You Know Uber's New CBO is An African Woman? A Fierce One at That! (Watch)

*Wow! Uber is trying to shift their groove in a major way. Why come [sic] no big deal has been made about the fact that they've placed a gorgeous African woman from Ghana in the role of Chief Brand Officer with the company nearly four months ago?That's like forever ago where news like this is concerned.The ride-share company brought Bozoma Saint John on board this past June. Perhaps everyone was still distracted by Uber CEO, Travis Kalanick, who resigned in disgrace on June 21st after months of complaints about his controversial leadership ethics.But Saint John's hiring alone kicks two big complaints about Uber executive staffing practices into another gear. One, she's a woman (and we've heard the sexism accusations made public by female Uber ex-employees), and two, she's far from Caucasian.Uber is not Saint John's first time at bat with a huge company. She has been in executive roles at Pepsi, Apple Music and iTunes, and Ashley Stewart just to name a few.And I think you'll agree after seeing the video below, where she was interviewed by Gayle King only one month after signing on with the ride-share company that managed to change the entire infrastructure of the transportation industry, she doesn't fit the mold of your typical, boring, puppet of an executive. Instead, in such an important role as branding honcho, she seems outspoken, fearless and quite unapologetically... Fierce.Heck, she once taught a college course on Tupac Shakur, led executives at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference on a sing-along to Rappers Delight and even scored a major move with Queen Bey.And get this, in an interview with Glamour magazine Saint John said...Uber will never be the same after I leave."Is it any wonder she's known as "Badazz Boz" online? Oh, but I am SO getting ahead of myself.source: eurweb.co


Send Blog   ·     Share on Facebook   ·     Bookmark on Delicious

   

A Utah police officer will not be charged for the death of a Black man he shot and killed. They stopped 50-year-old Patrick Harmen for riding his bicycle across six lanes of traffic. An altercation ensued and ended up in his death. Read the full story below.The New York Daily reports:The Salt Lake City District Attorney's office released the bodycam footage in a fatal police-involved shooting it has since said was justified.A Salt Lake City police officer, identified as Officer Kris Smith, pulled over 50-year-old Patrick Harmon after watching him ride his bicycle across all six lanes and the median of State Street the night of Aug. 13, the Salt Lake Tribune reported. Harmon's bike was missing its required red tail light, according to documents from the DA's office.When asked for identification, Harmon gave the officer a name that was not in the database, prompting him to call for backup. Officer Clinton Fox responded with another officer.Footage from all three cops released by officials Wednesday shows Smith again ask Harmon to spell his name. According to the district attorney's report, Harmon gave "a couple of different names."After Smith was able to identify Harmon, he learned he had active felony warrants for aggravated assault, according to prosecutors. Harmon appeared "emotional and distraught" and told officers he had been trying to take care of it, Fox testified.The officers told him he was going to be arrested, but Harmon "bolted and ran." As the trio of cops pursued him, Harmon "turned quickly" to face them, according to the Tribune.Smith drew his Taser while Fox and the other officer drew their firearms. All three reported that Harmon threatened to cut them and that they saw him reaching for his pocket.Investigators did find a knife on the ground at the scene, according to the newspaper.In the footage, Fox can be heard shouting, "I'll f-ing shoot you!" before he fires off three rounds just as the other officer discharges his stun gun.Harmon was handcuffed and transported to the a hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.Prosecutors in Salt Lake City said the shooting was justified because the officers feared for their lives. Harmon's niece Alisha Shaw pushed back against such claims."They just murdered him flat out," she told the Guardian. "They are lying. There is no way they were threatened by anything. He was only trying to get away."Authorities declined to comment on the case, but Chief Mike Brown told the news outlet they "trust the process and support the decision from district attorney Sam Gill."I believe our officers have the training and judgment and ability to make split-second decisions in dynamic situations."It's rare for police officers to be charged and even more rare for them to be convicted in such cases as the law allows the use of lethal force if they perceive a threat."He was just being profiled," Shaw added. "Why do we have to fight so hard for justice? All we want is to be treated equal as a black person instead of being profiled and looked at as if we were a threat."source:blackamericaweb.co


Send Blog   ·     Share on Facebook   ·     Bookmark on Delicious

   

Flooding as storm Nate pummels Louisiana and Mississippi

Storm Nate has brought strong winds, torrential rain and some flooding to the US Gulf Coast.It made landfall as a category one hurricane near the mouth of the Mississippi River in Louisiana, late on Saturday, with maximum sustained winds of 85mph (137km/h).After making landfall a second time in Biloxi, Mississippi, it was downgraded to a tropical storm.But weather officials warn the threat of dangerous storm surges remain.Nate killed at least 25 people in Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Honduras. The tropical storm then strengthened to a category one hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson scale as it headed swiftly towards the US.Although not as strong as last month's Maria and Irma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and parts of Florida had issued warnings and evacuation orders ahead of its arrival.Chett Harrison, the manager of the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino in Biloxi, said he had kept a restaurant and bar open for his 300 guests and "they have been OK so far".But he told local TV he hoped none of his guests tried to leave "because everything is flooded around us".Mayor of nearby Gulfport, Billy Hewes, told the BBC the storm surge did not appear to be as high as feared and he thought the damage there would "be minimal".But the head of emergency management in Mississippi warned of worsening conditions as Nate moved further inland.In southern Alabama, the local power company said some 5,000 people were without power. Residents there had been urged to take precautions ahead of Nate's arrival. A mandatory curfew was lifted in New Orleans as the threat to the city - devastated by Hurricane Katrina in 2005 - was downgraded.However, New Orleans residents were urged to stay in shelters by the mayor who said "there is still a serious threat for areas outside of levee protection". Harvey v Katrina: Lessons learned?How to stay safe in a hurricaneDo 'Pray for...' messages make disaster relief harder?Nate was downgraded from a hurricane to a tropical storm by the National Hurricane Center at 09:00 GMT.But its advisory warned of a life-threatening storm surge flooding and said alerts remained in effect from Pointe a la Hache to the Okaloosa/Walton county line in Florida.Five ports along the Gulf Coast were also closed to shipping as a precaution ahead of Nate's arrival. Most oil and gas platforms in the US Gulf of Mexico also evacuated their staff.Evacuation orders were put in place for some low-lying areas.US President Donald Trump on Saturday issued an emergency declaration for Louisiana and Mississippi, allowing the state to seek federal help with preparation and possible relief efforts. Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-4154100


Send Blog   ·     Share on Facebook   ·     Bookmark on Delicious

Nelly says he's innocent

   

Nelly says he's innocent

Nelly has broken his silence on the rape claim against him, saying he's completely innocent and is a victim of targeting ... but he will not take the stage Saturday night.The rapper says he's beyond shocked at the "false allegation" and is confident he'll be exonerated once the facts are in. He claims he's been targeted by the accuser, but apologized to his loved ones for the embarrassment and for putting himself in a bad situation. He also vows to take legal action against the "defaming claim" and reaffirms he's not been charged with a crime yet.However, sources close to Nelly tell TMZ ... he will NOT be performing at Saturday night's show in Washington with Florida Georgia Line.source: tm


Send Blog   ·     Share on Facebook   ·     Bookmark on Delicious

   

Trump defends throwing paper towels to Puerto Ricans

President Trump defended tossing paper towels into a crowd at a church in Puerto Rico last week.Trump said in an interview with former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) Saturday that media coverage of his trip to Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria was unfair, using the incident during which he tossed the paper towels as an example.watch the interview here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVQPVGPAUt


Send Blog   ·     Share on Facebook   ·     Bookmark on Delicious