Send a Message
Heatwave Multimedia for
Heatwave Multimedia for
Heatwave Multimedia for
|This user does not have any friends yet...
|Fri, March 5, 2021 at 9:10 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Rudy Giuliani's daughter penned an essay detailing a more liberal lifestyle than her father's conservative leanings. The 32-year-old's essay for Vanity Fair described her sex life and how threesomes with couples changed her life.
Titled, "A Unicorn's Tale: Three-Way Sex With Couples Has Made Me a Better Person," Caroline Rose Giuliani discussed being in a long-term, monogamous relationship, where she felt sexually repressed.
"I was in a long-term, loving, monogamous relationship that my body begged me to end before it progressed to an engagement," she wrote. "At the time, I didn't fully understand what was missing from that relationship, but I did know that my partner loved me despite my weird wildness, while I yearned to be with someone who loved me because of it.
|Thurs, March 4, 2021 at 12:18 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
It was announced on Thursday (March 4) that Square, the mobile payments company founded by Twitter's Jack Dorsey, is acquiring a majority stake in Jay-Z's Tidal.
Dorsey tweeted on Thursday, "Square is acquiring a majority ownership stake in TIDAL through a new joint venture, with the original artists becoming the second largest group of shareholders, and JAY-Z joining the Square board. Why would a music streaming company and a financial services company join forces?!"
It was revealed that the deal includes a mix of cash and stock of $297 million for a significant majority ownership stake. The deal will also see Jay-Z joining Square's Board of Directors. Jay-Z addressed the deal in a series of tweets.
He wrote, "I said from the beginning that TIDAL was about more than just streaming music, and six years later, it has remained a platform that supports artists at every point in their careers. Artists deserve better tools to assist them in their creative journey. Jack and I have had many discussions about TIDAL's endless possibilities that have made me even more inspired about its future. This shared vision makes me even more excited to join the Square board. This partnership will be a game-changer for many. I look forward to all this new chapter has to offer!"
The news comes after LVMH's Moët Hennessy announced a partnership with Jay-Z via a 50% acquisition of his Armand de Brignac champagne brand last month. Forbes recently estimated that the deal is worth an estimated $315 million
|Thurs, March 4, 2021 at 5:07 AM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Big Sean touched on mental health during an appearance on Michael Eric Dyson's Facebook Watch show, One Question, One Mike. During their discussion, the Detroit native detailed his own struggles with mental health and revealed he considered taking his own life on multiple occasions.
The rapper started by describing the conditions that led to him ignoring his early struggles, noting that he was conditioned to hide his emotions in order to not come off as "soft." He added that taking mental health breaks were looked down upon, so he overworked himself.
"Those are the stigmas that have been placed on us growing up," Big Sean said. "If you a man and you not working hard, it's like, 'Ah you getting soft.' So that was always in the back of my head, so I'm working exhausting myself for years and years and years. I couldn't get through the day without feeling terrible."
He continued by revealing that he contemplated suicide "a lot of times" -- so much so that he considered how financially stable his loved ones would be once he was gone.
"I was sure contemplating suicide a lot of times, you know, having guns in my hands and just really feeling it for real...even planning it out to the point where like, 'Hey, if I do kill myself at least my family will get this amount of money,'" he said. "Because I just was stressed out and not happy. I realized that I need to stop everything I'm doing and figure this out or I'ma self-destruct."
Big Sean said he finally put himself on the road to recovery by taking time off and cancelling his obligations in order to seek the help he needed. During his time off, he stated that he "sought therapy, connected with God more, spiritually grounded myself, and put myself first as a priority for the first time ever.
|Wed, March 3, 2021 at 4:56 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Governor Greg Abbott stirred controversy after announcing that he is lifting the mask mandate in Texas, and he added that businesses of any type will be allowed to open 100% beginning March 10.
Abbott stated, "Too many Texans have been sidelined from employment opportunities. Too many small business owners have struggled to pay their bills. This must end. It is now time to open Texas 100%."
As health experts warn that relaxing restrictions at this point could lead to another surge in COVID cases, Bun B shared his thoughts on Instagram. He shared a headline about Abbott lifting restrictions, along with the caption, "This is bat sh*t crazy @govabbott and you know it. As if you didn't already have enough blood on your hands. SMFH."
This comes after Bun B slammed Gov. Abbott for being on television doing interviews while most of Texas was without power and water amid winter snowstorm Uri. Trae The Truth also blasted Abbott, stating that he's "not even Worried bout the people.....He Gotta Get Up Out Of Office... @governorabbott.
|Wed, March 3, 2021 at 4:02 AM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Ann Hebert, vice president and general manager of Nike's North America business, resigned after a Bloomberg Businessweek report highlighted a successful sneaker reseller named Joe Hebert, who was revealed to be Ann's 19-year-old son. Speaking about the success of West Coast Streetwear, Joe told Bloomberg, "In May we did $600,000." The Bloomberg report also revealed that Joe had used a credit card in Ann's name to purchase over $132,000 in sneakers to flip them with a sizeable markup.
Ann Hebert decided to step down from her position on Monday (March 1) after the piece was published and scrutiny was placed on her, as Nike forbids its employees from participating in reselling. Sandra Carreon-John, a Nike spokesperson added that Ann had disclosed information about her son's business in 2018 and the spokesperson said she hadn't violated any company policy.
Carreon-John, stated, "There was no violation of company policy, privileged information, or conflicts of interest, nor is there any commercial affiliation between WCS LLC and Nike, including the direct buying or selling of Nike products."
Nike said it plans to announce the head of its North America geography soon
|Wed, March 3, 2021 at 3:52 AM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Jay-Z's move into the cannabis world came in the form of his Monogram brand, which finds him partnering with California-based company Caliva. Now, Monogram has reportedly launched a campaign that calls out the hypocritical regulations related to marijuana in the United States.
Jay-Z issued a statement on the matter, saying, "Cannabis laws are out of date and disproportionately cruel and punishing when compared to the rest of the legal code. We still don't have proper regulation for texting and driving in Missouri, but staying home and smoking weed will get you locked up."?
He continued, saying: "I created this campaign to amplify the voices of those who have been penalized for the very same thing that venture capitalists are now prospering from with the emerging legal cannabis market. Far too often, we forget that these are real people whose everyday lives and futures have been affected by this outdated legislature - people like Bryan Rone, who can no longer pursue a career in sales because of a cannabis-related conviction in 2003."?
Monogram's campaign will place billboards and advertisements in larger cities like New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Chicago, and more. Stay tuned for more updates
|Wed, March 3, 2021 at 12:49 AM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced on Tuesday that he's rescinding a number of COVID-19 mandates, including mask requirements and limits on the capacity for all businesses. The Republican governor said the mandates are no longer necessary due to advancements in vaccines and remedies used to fight the virus.
"With the medical advancements of vaccines and antibody therapeutic drugs, Texas now has the tools to protect Texans from the virus," Abbott said. "We must now do more to restore livelihoods and normalcy for Texans by opening Texas 100%. Make no mistake, COVID-19 has not disappeared, but it is clear from the recoveries, vaccinations, reduced hospitalizations, and safe practices that Texans are using that state mandates are no longer needed."
Starting Wednesday, March 10, businesses will be allowed to open at 100% capacity and masks will no longer be required in Texas.
Shortly after Governor Abbott's announcement, Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves revealed that the state will also lift COVID-19 restrictions.
"Starting tomorrow, we are lifting all of our county mask mandates and businesses will be able to operate at full capacity without any state-imposed rules," Reeves tweeted. "Our hospitalizations and case numbers have plummeted, and the vaccine is being rapidly distributed. It is time!"
Both states have experienced recent declines in new coronavirus cases. Last week, Texas' average number of daily cases was down 18% compared to two weeks earlier, while Mississippi reported a 27% drop during the same span.
Despite progress in Texas and Mississippi, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky warned that progress was stalling throughout the country, stating, "Things are tenuous. Now is not the time to relax restrictions.
|Mon, March 1, 2021 at 5:56 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Attorney Tyrone A. Blackburn has reached out to state and federal prosecutors in Georgia and California on behalf of 11 people who said they were victimized by T.I., his wife Tiny, or a member of their entourage.
Four of the women have accused the couple of drugging and sexually assaulting them, with two instances of rape. Blackburn also described instances of "sexual abuse, forced ingestion of illegal narcotics, kidnapping, terroristic threats and false imprisonment" in the letters. Among the accusers are a military veteran, a former friend-turned-assistant, an exotic dancer, and a teenage intern at T.I.'s studio and Grand Hustle record label.
According to Blackburn's letter, a childhood friend of Tiny's who went on to work for the couple around 2005 recalled being forced to take multiple ecstasy pills on several occasions and "engage in sexual acts with different women against her will." The woman stated that she never went to the authorities because she feared for her and her family's safety.
The letter also detailed the military veteran's experience with T.I. and Tiny after leaving the club with them and feeling like her drink was spiked. Once in their hotel room, the woman recalls vomiting on herself despite having less than two drinks and Tiny helping her into a bath with T.I. The woman then recalls being naked with T.I. and Tiny at their bed and she claims T.I. "attempted to put his foot into her vagina." The next thing she remembers "was waking up naked on the couch, with a towel thrown over her, with a very sore vagina." The woman said was too embarrassed to go to a doctor, and she added that she self-treated an infection that occurred after the incident.
Steve Sadow, a lawyer representing T.I. and Tiny, says that they "deny in the strongest possible terms these baseless and unjustified allegations." Sadow also released a statement, which reads, "We fully expect that if these claims are thoroughly and fairly investigated, no charges will be forthcoming. These allegations are nothing more than the continuation of a sordid shakedown campaign that began on social media and now attempts to manipulate the press and misuse the justice system.
|Mon, March 1, 2021 at 5:53 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
A study titled "Black Lives Matter's Effect on Police Lethal Use-of-Force" was recently published by Travis Campbell, an economist at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, and it shows that there has been a decline in police homicides in cities where Black Lives Matter protests were held.
The Black Lives Matter movement was started when Oakland, CA-based activist Alicia Garza posted a message of protest when George Zimmerman was acquitted of killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in 2013, which read, "I continue to be surprised at how little Black lives matter... Our lives matter." Fellow Oakland-based community organizer Patrisse Cullors then began sharing Garza's message along with the #blacklives matter hashtag. The movement gained momentum following the 2014 police killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., and it has continued to grow larger in recent years, with protests popping up around the world after George Floyd was killed in Minneapolis in 2020.
The new study is the first of its kind to measure a possible correlation between BLM and police homicide numbers. It showed that cities that had BLM protests experienced a 20 percent decrease in killings by police and an estimated 300 fewer deaths nationwide in 2014-2019. The protests also showed police departments in the cities with protests are more likely to adopt body-worn cameras and community-policing initiatives.
The study's author, Travis Campbell, pointed out that "It's really difficult to measure Black Lives Matter protests and lethal use of force by the police" due to the government not tracking police officers' lethal use of force. Efforts have been made to fill the void by the media and grassroots organizations via the Freedom of Information Act requests and crowdsourcing. After using several different techniques to measure the relationship between protests and police homicides, Campbell consistently found similar results