Send a Message
It's The Boombap for
It's The Boombap for
It's The Boombap for
Return of the Boombap : On Radio | Online | On Our Grind
|Fri, January 15, 2021 at 9:58 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Her boyfriend Karl Anthony Towns has just tested positive for COVID-19, and now Jordyn Woods is giving an update on her family's conditions. Towns has had a rough go during this pandemic as he's shared that he'd lost seven family members to coronavirus, including his mother, Jacqueline Cruz. The 25-year-old Minnesota Timberwolves player has been doing his best to stay safe, but on Friday (January 15), ahead of the scheduled game with the Memphis Grizzlies, Towns revealed that he contracted COVID-19.
Jordyn shared a message of support to her NBA boyfriend before updating her followers about her status. "Be strong @karltowns," Woods wrote on her Instagram Story. "You're a true fighter. This is not fair or right that you were put in this position when you were just trying to do your job. You got this. Please send some prayers up."
"I want to thank you for all of your support, prayers, and concern," she said in a video. "My family and I all got tested for COVID and the results came back negative so we're all good, but continue to pray for Karl. For a speedy recovery and I just wanted to say thank you and thank you for all of your concerns." Prayers up for Karl Towns and his family. Check out Woods's post below.
|Fri, January 15, 2021 at 8:47 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
After reports surfaced that Von Miller was in trouble with the law, his ex-fiancée Megan Denise has come forward to set the record straight about their relationship. The former couple made headlines days ago after Me'Gan shared screenshots of their texts and DM conversations where she claims that the NFL player wished death upon their unborn child. Megan is reportedly pregnant and told the world that Von wished that she would suffer a miscarriage.
Earlier today (January 14), we previously reported on the enigmatic news regarding Miller. It was only shared that there was an investigation taking place in Colorado, but details have been held under lock and key. Rumors soon surfaced that Megan may somehow be involved, and she took to her Instagram Story to deny speculative gossip.
"In light of recent media reports regarding my relationship with Von, I feel that I need to address a couple of things," wrote Megan. "First and foremost, at no point in our relationship was there any type of physical abuse or violence by Von, whatsoever. For anyone to say otherwise, or to speculate such, is wrong."
"With regards to my social media posts, a part was misconstrued and taken out of context," she added. "(PA) I do regret making a private situation public, and in doing so, bringing unwanted attention to both Von and myself. Von and I are excited to be welcoming our baby into the world, and are committed to raising our child with love and compassion, together as a family. Sincerely, Megan Denise."
According to TMZ, the Denver Broncos have stated that they are "aware of the investigation and working on obtaining more information on the matter."
|Fri, January 15, 2021 at 8:26 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
He was apart of the insurrection at America's capital, causing Congress to be shut down as members were quickly ushered to safety, but a judge believed that 60-year-old Arkansas resident Richard Barnett should only receive house arrest. On Friday (January 15), U.S. Magistrate Judge Erin Wiedemann in Arkansas set Barnett's bond at $5,000, ordered him on house arrest with an ankle monitor, and told him that he couldn't be in contact with any others involved in the insurrection, nor could he use the internet. Barnett became a poster boy of sorts for the failed coup at Capitol Hill after he was photographed sitting at Nancy Pelosi's desk and later, he posed for photos while holding mail he'd stolen from her office.
The public quickly complained about the treatment that Barnett was receiving, especially because he was also seen on a bullhorn bragging about his antics during the January 6 event and was allegedly carrying a stun gun at the time. Hours after it was announced that Barnett would be waiting out his case in the comforts of his home, a federal judge quickly reversed that decision. A new order was sent to have Barnett transferred to Washington, D.C. where he would await his trial.
“If (Barnett) will travel across the country and engage in this level of criminal behavior because he believes that he is right and it is the Electoral College that is wrong, what would deter him?” Assistant U.S. Attorney Kim Harris said. Five people died during the violent takeover at Capitol Hill, including a woman shot by police and an officer who was beaten with a fire extinguisher.
|Fri, January 15, 2021 at 7:58 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
We're quickly approaching the one-year anniversary of the death of Kobe Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter Gianna, and seven of their friends including families who lost multiple loved ones. On January 26, 2019, a helicopter carrying the passengers unexpectedly crashed in Calabasas, California, and tragically, there were no survivors. In one moment Vanessa Bryant lost her husband and daughter, and since that time, the world has rallied around the grieving widow and her family.
Dia Dipasupil / Staff / Getty ImagesWe've seen Vanessa share happier times through 2020 including her funny videos that include her three daughters as well as friends like Ciara and Lala Anthony. Yesterday (January 14), Vanessa uploaded a funny clip of herself singing along and laughing to Salt-N-Pepa's "Shoop," but after the fun times dissipated, the widow returned to social media today to share a quick thought about the grieving process.
"Let me be real- Grief is a messed up cluster of emotions," she wrote on her Instagram Story. "One day you're in the moment laughing and the next day you don't feel like being alive. I want to say this for people struggling with grief and heartbreaking loss. Find your reason to live. I know it's hard. I look at my daughters and I try to push through that feeling for them. Death is guaranteed but living the rest of the day isn't. Find your reason."
Check out the post below.
|Fri, January 15, 2021 at 7:18 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
A chance meeting back in August 2019 helped a college student cover his tuition fees, under one condition. As he was traveling with his entourage, a young man named Ahmad jokingly asked Lil Uzi Vert if the rapper would pay his college tuition. In a surprising move, Uzi stopped and spoke with the student who shared that he was studying at Temple University. Uzi said he "could pay for that" but added that it would be covered after he'd graduated.
Almost a year and a half later, Ahmad has given an update. "As of right now, it's in the process," he said in a video shared to social media. "I'm not allowed to explicitly disclose anything right now, but I know I'm gonna be getting hate as soon as I graduate. I'm a senior at Temple right now, my major is political science with a minor in [economics] and Roc Nation put down $20,000."
"The thought process behind that was when I asked [Uzi] that question—so my mom and I were actually discussing about my loan stuff. My mom's a single parent, my dad passed away when I was eight-years-old. She's been raising me single and money has been a problem, obviously, so me getting my college tuition paid for [would] be beneficial for whatever because I don't have to be in debt."
Ahmad said he decided to shoot his shot with Uzi and it worked out. Soon, a debate about whether or not Uzi should help him financially before graduation arose, and the rapper added that the agreement was once he completed his studies, the debt would be taken care of. In his interview, Ahmad called Uzi and "real one" and praised the rapper for his help. Check out a few posts below.
|Fri, January 15, 2021 at 6:58 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Back in November, Hitmaka ruffled feathers when he made some admissions during his conversation on Drink Champs. The producer, also known as Yung Berg, said that in the past he'd had sex with both Teairra Mari and Naturi Naughton, and after being criticized for bringing up the women's names, he issued an apology. For the first time, Naughton acknowledged Hitmaka's comments and told The Breakfast Club that she came close to making a call.
Bennett Raglin / Stringer / Getty Images"Recently, there was [an] interview where I just felt like, 'Oh, okay, I might have to call somebody to pull up on what's his name,'" said the actress. "You know, I guess it's a thing for people to say that they've been with me..." Naughton was interrupted by Angela Yee who reminded everyone that the actress was speaking about the producer. When DJ Envy said, "Oh, Yung Berg," Naughton replied, "Oh, is that his name?"
Yee added that she'd already spoken with Naturi and the actress denied Hitmaka's claims. Envy still wanted to know why Hitmaka would pull a story "out of the blue." Naughton answered, "So, Envy I was 15, 16, when I was in 3LW. I don't know what kind of date—group activities? I remember we all lived in L.A., maybe we all hung out in groups? I wasn't even doing dates, but let alone active—I mean, it took a lot to not come on here and be like, really?"
Naughton also mentioned Hitmaka's apology that surfaced a week after his Drink Champs interview. "But, hey, maybe it's a compliment. People wanna get with Tasha. Poor baby." Check out her full interview below.
|Fri, January 15, 2021 at 6:18 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Not long after sharing his surprise single "Masterpiece," DaBaby dropped off the music video for the track. Recently, DaBaby and his girlfriend DaniLeigh were seen enjoying the sights in Florida during their birthday seasons last month, and it looks as if it wasn't all leisure fun and games. The two artists, along with DaBaby's crew, were filming scenes for the "Masterpiece" visual and it looks like they turned up in style.
The track itself gives a nod to DaBaby's leading lady, but he made sure he didn't include DaniLeigh's name in the lyrics. However, it's obvious that she's soaking up all the love because she is right there by his side throughout the entirety of the clip, often seen on his arm or dancing in the car next to him. Watch these two lovebirds flaunt their romance and let us know what you think of DaBaby's party-filled visual for his latest single "Masterpiece."
|Fri, January 15, 2021 at 5:49 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
An impressive King Von chain has caused a bit of controversy and now, the jeweler behind the design has come forward. Mazza New York recently shared an elaborate piece that detailed the likeness of late rapper King Von, and soon, the news was shared that Lil Durk had purchased the jewelry in honor of his late friend. However, Durk refuted those rumors when he tweeted, "That’s not my weak ass chain."
Mazza New York stood accused of insinuating that Durkio commissioned the piece when he truly hadn't, so the company came forward with a statement about the controversy to clear things up. "I took the Von design down out of respect for the situation," Mazza wrote on their Instagram page. "I posted the design I completed a while back to actually show love to Durk. I never said it was his and media sources picked it up and said what they wanted to say. Legitimate sources actually contacted me and I told them the scenario."
It seems that there was no intention to offend anyone and with the design, Mazza hoped to do business with the Only The Family mogul in the future. "I have nothing but love for @lildurk and his craft," Mazza continued. "In my opinion the piece was [fire emoji] and would have been a great start to a long lasting relationship." Take a look at the statement and Mazza's design of King Von below.
|Fri, January 15, 2021 at 5:26 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
There were murmurs that Lil Wayne was up to something and planned on releasing new music today (January 15), and we finally know what it is. The sports fan has reportedly released a new version of his 2011 hype song, "Green and Yellow," in honor of the Green Bay Packers' playoff game against the Los Angeles Rams.
During his recent visit to Skip and Shannon: Undisputed, Weezy reportedly shared that he'd completed the track this week. “I worked on it for three days, too. I don’t do that," he said. The track references many of the team's players and within the first hour of sharing a snippet of the song to his Instagram page, Wayne has amassed nearly 200K likes alone.
Check out Packers superfan Lil Wayne's "Green and Yellow" and let us know what you think of this updated version.
Green Bay, Green Bay
It gets scary, Halloween day, Scream face
Bloody Mary, secondary
Jordan mean face
|Fri, January 15, 2021 at 5:06 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
A forthcoming interview with Raz B has been placed on pause after a cease and desist letter was issued. Jason Lee of Hollywood Unlocked has a show on Fox Soul where he sits down with celebrities, and recently, he caught up with B2K's controversial member Raz B. The singer has had his share of troubles throughout his career, but one thing he has always maintained is that as a kid in the industry, he was allegedly sexually abused by his group's manager, music executive Chris Stokes.
Rodin Eckenroth / Stringer / Getty ImagesAccording to Lee, he and Raz B discussed in detail the allegations the B2K singer has made and what he claims to have endured. However, just prior to the "humbling" interview making its way to the airwaves, Lee claims Fox Soul was served with a cease and desist note from a person who would only be identified as one of the people Raz accused of sexual assault.
While Lee was visibly irked by the situation, Raz B surfaced on his social media to publicly call out Stokes. "Check this sh*t out, I'm tired of f*ckin' being bullied. I'm a grown-ass man. I'm 35-years-old, I'm not a little kid," said Raz. "I'm tired of you n*ggas f*ckin' with me... We ain't on no street sh*t, we ain't gon' send nobody to see you. You ain't gotta send nobody to see me, but what we will do, is when I see you, I'm smackin' the sh*t out yo ass."
"Y'all n*ggas took my money—we already know Chris, we know, we get it," Raz continued. "But n*gga, this sh*t is over. Your time is done, n*gga. So when I see you, I want a fade, n*gga. Hit me up, n*gga." On Lee's page, he added that as someone who is a victim of sexual abuse by a man, he won't allow Raz to be silenced. Check out both of their posts below.
View this post on InstagramA post shared by HOLLYWOOD UNLOCKED (@hollywoodunlocked)