Send a Message
REPNVA iRadio for
REPNVA iRadio for
REPNVA iRadio for
|Wed, June 1, 2016 at 11:52 AM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Police are now seeking an additional suspect believed to be involved in last week's shooting that took the life of 33-year-old Ronald McPhatter at T.I.'s concert in New York City. Roland Collins also known as Troy Ave was arraigned on Monday for charges of attempted murder, criminal possession of a weapon and reckless endangerment in the melee that also resulted in the wounding of two others.
According to sources close to the investigation, Collins was approached by an individual he is known to have been involved in an ongoing dispute with. A fight is reported to have broken out from the confrontation, and in the midst of the scuffle shots fired by the man are said to have struck Collins in the leg and McPhatter in the stomach. The men then started to wrestle over the weapon, allegedly leading to Collins taking its possession. Investigators continue to gather accounts to verify the information they have so far received, and to establish what exactly happened in the moments between. Victim Christopher Vison, 33, was reportedly not within distance of the green room shooting when he was hit by a stray bullet, and Maggie Heckstal 26, who was shot from close range, claims to have not seen who pulled the trigger.
Collins has pled not-guilty and said through his lawyers that he was not responsible for the shot that hit him in the leg, nor the shot that killed McPhatter. Rappers T.I., Maino, and Uncle Murda, have all been cleared of any involvement in the incident. Heckstall's legal team announced plans to file suit against all responsible parties, starting with Irving Plaza owner, Live Nation.
|Wed, June 1, 2016 at 10:54 AM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
53-year old actor Michael Jace was convicted by a Los Angeles jury of murder Tuesday May 31st for the May 2014 shooting death of his wife April Jace. Michael shot his wife three times in their home in front of their 2 young children. April was reportedly shot at such close range, death investigators found gunpowder where the bullets hit her legs. Jace told cops he only meant to shoot her in the leg because he was angry with her. Defense lawyer Jamon Hicks admitted that his client shot his wife once in the back and then twice in the legs but said Friday that his client simply "snapped" in the heat of passion; for that reason, they wanted the jury to convict him of voluntary manslaughter.
"I don't know how you can shoot somebody three times and call it an accident," Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Tannaz Mokayef told jurors in closing arguments Friday. He also told the jury that their 10-year old son Nehemiah's testimony proved it was "premeditated." "Then my dad said, 'If you like running, run to heaven,' and then he shot her," the boy told the jury.
Text messages and testimony during the trial revealed Jace was upset about his crumbling marriage and believed April was having an affair. In her emotional closing argument, Mokayef again showed the graphic photo of April's lifeless body on the floor of the couple's house after she was declared dead at the scene.
The jury of six women and six men handed down their verdict after a weeklong trial that ended Friday. Jace was found guilty of second-degree murder, according to the Associated Press.
The actor, best known for playing a cop on the FX show "The Shield," didn't react when the verdict was read in court.
|Tue, April 19, 2016 at 1:35 PM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Damon Dash talks about his last conversation with his ex-girlfriend Aaliyah before her untimely death on "The View".
"Well, there is no chance that if I was there, we would have been on that plane. You know what I'm saying? So, it would have never happened that way. Um, you know, Aaliyah and I was in Miami and she was shooting a video in Miami. And I was in Miami with uh State Property. And she was gonna do a record with Freeway and you know, Hype had decided that he wanted to take the video to the Bahamas. And my son had a football game and I had to go back to New York for court. And I had all my nephews with me as well 'cause I used to roll with them. 'Cause you know, I'm a single father and I had my son Boogie since he was eight. You know what I mean, I had to go to court and get him whatever. So my whole world kind of revolved around him, so I broke out to go back to New York"
"She told me she was going to the Bahamas and I was against it like, "Yo, don't go." And then down to the last, we had the Blackberry, down to the last Blackberry that we had, before she went there, she was like, "Yo, I don't like that plane." And I was like, "Don't get on it." And she was just like, "You know, I gotta do it." You know, it was a complicated situation, but she had to go do that video. So you know if I was there, I would have made sure that that jet that was supposed to be for her, the g4, she would have been on that. I wouldn't have got on that plane, you know what I'm saying? So it probably would have been different. But you know um, everything happens for a reason. You know, and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and you just gotta deal with the cards that life deals you.
|Mon, April 18, 2016 at 10:54 AM|Send Blog · Share on Facebook · Bookmark on Delicious
Chris Brown is opening up to his fans in his new documentary "Welcome to my Life." In a trailer released Sunday (April 17), we see Chris' rise to stardom to his horrific assault on Rihanna which made headlines worldwide.
The 26-year-old singer got emotional speaking on the incident stating, "I went from being on top of the world, number one songs, being kind of like America's sweetheart, to being public enemy number one," Brown went on to speak about how he contemplated taking his own life after the incident. "I felt like a f**king monster. I was thinking about suicide and everything else. I wasn't sleeping, I barely ate. I just was getting high," Brown confesses in the trailer.
Chris' mother, Joyce Hawkins is also shown in the trailer speaking on the aftermath of the assault, "That was the worst day of my life and probably his life, I felt like I was going to lose my child."
The documentary features interviews with Usher, Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Lopez, Mary J. Blige, Mike Tyson, and DJ Khaled.
No release date has been given yet.